of the dreaded foundation piecing. As mentioned in my last post I was going away for a quilting retreat over the weekend and it was going to be a "do or die" effort to get my head around this method or forget all about it and I am pleased to report back to you that I have actually achieved what I set out to do. The first piccie is the spiderweb - I really like this pattern as you end up with a secondary pattern of spinning stars.
The piccie below is of crossed canoes which I am making out of left over fabric from a quilt made many years ago of hawaiian shirts which were appliqued onto a blue background. I am going to make the crossed canoes into a bedrunner which will go perfectly with the hawaiian shirt quilt. The only fabric that I have purchased to make the runner is the off white one which has a small hibiscus flower on it which will fit in with the theme.
As well as learning foundation piecing my aim was to also use up all my scraps but I have to say that I did not even make a dent in the pile. Looks like the spiderweb quilt will end up being a king size one.
Once I have finished off these my next project is to tackle a New York beauty. I will keep you posted on my progress and in the meantime happy sewing.