Thursday, August 28, 2014

Raindrops keep falling on my head...

Well at least there was a car roof between me and the raindrops as we were driving along the other day.    Hubs and I were heading off as the rain was coming down in sheets.    We seem to go for such a long time without any rain then it starts and does not know when to stop.


As the Dorothea Mackellar poem goes Australia is certainly" a land of droughts and flooding rains".

The sun has made a return this afternoon so hopefully the racks of wet washing will dry.   There are just some items of clothing that you cannot put in a clothes dryer.     Ask me how I know!     I had a very expensive lesson many years ago and somethings you do not forget.

Sadly not much progress has been made on sewing my strips together due to other pressing matters.

Back soon and in the meantime happy sewing.


No comments: