Monday, April 27, 2015

Coral fleece

Is not my favourite fabric to sew with.  Thankfully I was only making two small items out it.     I should have guessed when cutting it out that trouble was ahead.   Firstly it shed everywhere when cut. I was shaking off bits of red shred from me and vacuuming it off the floor for days.


Then came the slipping and sliding whilst trying to pin it together for sewing.   Then the  pushing with the right hand while the left hand was pulling it through the back of the machine as it was not feeding evenly through the feed dogs.

The greatest disaster was trying to sew the button holes.   I was glad that I was only putting 3 in.

I have to say that I do like the lovely soft feel of the fabric and pleased with the end result which can be seen below

From now on I will stick with the polar or micro fleece which is lovely to sew with.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has had the same experience as me when sewing with coral fleece.

I am making good progress with May's Sunbonnet Sue.

I hope to be back within a few days with a photo of her and in the meantime.
Happy sewing all

2 comments:

Anthea said...

Karen your sewing looks so cute, I bet you won't be hurrying back to sew with the coral fleece any time soon!

Liz said...

Looks very pretty. Have not sewn with Coral fleece. Made a big mistake making an appliquéd Minky baby blanket for a lady in Our Church. Big headache,plus the machine needed to go to the Drs. Straight after.