Sunday, July 12, 2015

"Frozen"

Is very popular with  young girls at the moment and bub is no exception.   Everytime she sees Elsa and Anna she launches into  her version of the song "Let it go".   Bub was lucky enough to meet up with Elsa at  "Supernova" when she went with her daddy recently.      While I was shopping last week I saw this Frozen fabric which I thought would be suitable to make a cushion for her room.

With the help of "you-tube" I learnt how to put a zipper into the back of the cushion without too many dramas.  I usually steer clear of zippers in anything but I did not have enough fabric to do my usual envelope style back on the cushion.   I have to say that I was very pleased with my effort and will do this again in the future.   I does  give a nicer finish on the back.


Some more bibs were called for so a rummage through the stash ended up with the four bibs below


Yesterday at my quilting group whilst flipping through a book and doing some research I think I have found my next quilt to make.     It was out of a book using jelly rolls but I prefer to cut my own fabric only because I pre-wash all my fabric before cutting and the thought of washing all those pre-cut strips gives me visions of a tangled mess and lots of fraying.

Anyway a bit more thought on that and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

3 comments:

Käthe said...

Hallo Karen,
das ist ein sehr schönes Kissen und der Reißverschluss sitzt perfekt.
Die kelienen Lätzchen sind ja herzallerliebst, sehr schöne Stoffe.
Ich wünsche Dir einen schönen Sonntag
Liebe Grüße
Käthe

Anthea said...

oh better to cut your own fabric after washing it, anyone & everyone says Don't Wash Jelly Roll Strips!
What a sweet cushion & well done on the zip - they can be a pest to do - i love doing zips, I had a teacher at school who accepted nothing but perfection when doing them, so that's where I learned my zip skills!

Ondrea said...

Love that cushion. One of my great nieces looooves Frozen. Lots of lovely bibs.