Saturday, August 27, 2016

I did it.....

That is I actually achieved the three items that I set as my August OMGs.   Firstly I finished my origami tablemat


Second item on my list was to continue making blocks for my variation of a rail fence and it is growing at good rate


The last item on my list was to try and remove all the papers from my spiderweb tablerunner.   Such a tedious  and time consuming task and at times I felt that the time could have been better spent sewing another item - far more enjoyable.   Once all the papers were removed it then inspired me to go on and sandwich and pin it ready for quilting.    This item has been hanging around my sewing room for such a long time but I can see the end in sight.


Thanks again Heidi for keeping us on top of all those painful tasks that are sometimes put on the backburner and conveniently forgotten about.    

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh Karen, really like your spider web - and great idea with the rail fence variation. Might use that for my never ending squares!

Nancy said...

That spiderweb table mat is gorgeous. I love the brights against the black and I always love strings. Congratulations on finishing all three of your goals for the month. Well done!
--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

Kate said...

Congrats on meeting your August goals! It's so nice to move projects along, I've really appreciated the OMGs this year. It's a great way to stay focused.

Helen said...

Lovely projects Karen.Very pretty origami mat :)

Heidi said...

The origami mat does look pretty! I think I see buttons finishing it. Love the Scrappy Rail pattern & so happy to read that goals are working!!

Linda Moore said...

Love love love the table runner!

Susan said...

I love your variation of a rail fence - it looks like a great leaders & enders project. Interesting origami mat too...

Ondrea said...

How clever are you! The origami mat is awesome! Love your table runner, such wonderful colours.