Wednesday, February 22, 2017

It is happening

My goal for this month was to get the first three rows of my QAYG circles completed and I am happy to say that I have managed to get 6 rows done.


And I have even made a start on getting the next three rows joined and partly quilted.


I even surprised myself with such progress.   The quilt has now gotten to the "too big" for my sewing table that I have had to move from my sewing room and onto our large dining table in order to get the support needed for the weight.    This QAYG method is working out and is going to be the method used from now on.     No more trying to push and shove large amounts of fabric through the machine throat.

Thanks Patty for keeping us on track with our monthly goals and if you would like to see what others have achieved in the last month pop on over to Elm Street  Quilts.

Back soon with some photos of more rows together and quilted and in the meantime

Happy sewing all






7 comments:

krislovesfabric said...

Yay for progress! Great job keeping on track, it's looking wonderful :)

Ondrea said...

Wow! I am lovong those circles. I think I need to do some QAYG quilts so I don't stress about trying to quilt .

Anonymous said...

i love the circles too Karen,lovely work.

Maria said...

The QAYG circles and growing beautifully... looks great..

Bethan said...

It really looks amazing. Great work- I will have to investigate QAYG

Patty said...

Loving it! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Edith said...

What a lovely quilt, congratulations on meeting your goal and then doubling it. Way to go!