Thursday, March 30, 2017

Hidden wells

Is the block that was chosen by the events co-ordinator at my quilt group for our charity quilt this year.    Each member is going to make 2 blocks and we were given 4 strips of the focus fabric.



Then we chose  12 different fabric strips and just to shake things up a bit the focus fabric had to be moved into a different position as the strips were sewn together.


And this is the final result of all that sewing, cutting and moving around.


I will be interested to see how this all ends up when everyone's blocks are all sewn together.  Photos to follow once the quilt is finished.

Linking with Building Blocks Tuesday

After completing my two blocks I had sometime to start on my 4  patch blocks for the fairy quilt.
Back soon with some progress photos and in the meantime

   Happy sewing all

6 comments:

Sharon - IN said...

Hidden Wells looks nice in your fabrics. Interesting way to make a group/coordinated quilt.

Bethan said...

I love the chosen material, and what you have done with it. Very interested to see the finished quilt x

Ondrea said...

How clever!

KaHolly said...

The focus fabric is so pretty! And I love your blocks! I can't wait to see the final results! XO

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen beautiful work.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Karen, those are really nice blocks. What a difference from the original when they are all cut up and put together again.