From the front
There was only a metre of fairy fabric so when designing the quilt the fairy fabric ended up in the middle section alternating with 4 patch blocks that is why it is framed to make a feature of it - the sides, top and bottom only have 4 patches. I then put the same colour border around the whole quilt to pull it together.
Then from the back
As you can see it was quilted in sections and then joined using quilt as you go method. I wish I had discovered this method years ago - so much easier than trying to push and pull the whole quilt through the machine throat.
The light is not good as I had to run outside in between showers and grab some photos.
Thanks Wendy for organising FNSI again. The timing was perfect for me with an empty house, the whole day to sew and I will take the opportunity tonight to cut out some fabric for Miss M to sew when she visits over the weekend.
There are a couple of small projects that have been waiting patiently in my sewing room so they will be tackled next but before that happens the room needs to be thoroughly cleaned especially the floor as threads and offcuts are spread far and wide. Fabric, pins, cutting boards, rulers, pens and rotary cutters all need to be returned to their rightful place in order to gain back my sewing space.
My May goal was to finish this quilt and I did. Linking with OMG over at Elm Street Quilts.
Back soon and in the meantime
Happy sewing all