Wednesday, August 2, 2017

August OMG

Goal setting time has arrived and this month my aim is to get the quilting on my rainbow quilt done.  As you can see it is sandwiched and pinned ready to go.   Normally I always use a wideback for the backing but on this occasion I saw this "bargain" and just joined it to make it the necessary width.   I will have enough left over which can be used as the binding also.


In an ideal world getting the binding on would be even better but there are "things" happening at the moment which need to be dealt with so being overly ambitious is not an option.

There are plenty of other lovely items being prepared by others at the moment in the hope of being finished by the end of the month and they can be seen over at Elm Street Quilts.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen great idea to join up fabric for the back,great for you that you got it sandwich,well done my friend xx

Patty said...

Looking forward to seeing the quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

Ondrea said...

Another lovely quilt nearly finished. I have been known to use different fabrics and join them for the backing. Good way to use up stash too. You are getting a lot done lately.

newsurfiegirl said...

Good luck with your goal!