Saturday, October 7, 2017

FNwF.....

Is always the first Friday night of the month and of course you guessed right I spend part of the day and last night working on my hexies.   Slow progress is being made but it is progress.   All the papers have now been removed, the backing fabrics ironed, all of the rosettes have  now been pinned onto the white background fabric and sandwiched ready for quilting.  All piled up ready for the next step. 


I will start quilting in the middle and work my way out around each rosette and end up by appliquing around the outside edge.     It will all be done by machine and I have made a promise to myself to pull through and tie off each of the threads as I go otherwise it will be a huge task at the end. 

24 others joined in last night and due to the time difference between the southern and northern hemisphere some are most probably beavering away now.    Thanks Cheryll for organising another fun night. 

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen well done my friend ,this will look fantastic when finished xx

Michell said...

Looking good. Can't wait to see it all finished

Anne Ida said...

These are so pretty! What a wonderful project.

Ondrea said...

Loving your hexies😊 I admire your ability to machine quilt it.

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Wow that will be a lot of ends to sew in. Love the hexies.

retdairyqueen said...

The hexies are coming along nicely
Pretty in blue

Sue said...

Your hexies are looking lovely! I think they can be addicitve...just one more, just one more.... lol

Sue said...

Your hexies are looking great. They are a bit like potato chips, I think....just can't stop at one!

Janet said...

You have been so diligent! It must feel great to have another step completed. And I think it will be a lovely quilt.