Friday, April 20, 2018

Straight down the middle...

Time to put  those dancing shoes back on and learn the next step in the square dance mystery quilt-a-long that I am taking part in.  This time  the call is "straight down the middle" which was a very quick process.   I now have a pile of 9 patch blocks as well as two piles of rectangles - one with white on one side and dark on the other and the second pile has a dark and medium fabric sewn together.


I have had a play with what blocks there are so far and at this stage I am unable to see any design emerge.    The next clue is given tomorrow so hopefully the mystery will be one step closer to a solution. 

Off with the dancing shoes and onto sandwiching and pinning the mystery quilt that I have been working on over the last few weeks.


Now that the intense heat of summer has abated I can start to think quilting again.   As you can see the quilt is  "under the needle" and I even took the time to pre-wind several bobbins ready to drop in when needed.  

My OMG for April was to catch up on the new dance step and sandwich and pin the quilt - both were achieved I am happy to say.    

Thanks to Wendy for hosting another fun FNSI.

Linking with Friday Finished or Not.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

14 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Looking good! And yes I agree, quilting is way more fun in the cooler weather.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen gee you are doing so well with this quilt,wish we were coming into warmer weather xx

LadySchep said...

Ha! I tend to forget that the seasons are reversed on the other side of the world! Here in Florida, things are starting to heat up, so please enjoy the cooler weather for us!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Very interesting! Look forward to seeing the mystery revealed!

Ondrea said...

Looking good. I can't do mystery quilts because I like to plan colours etc. 😊 Must be a control issue lol . Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Looks like progress is happening. How can you stand the mystery suspense! LOL

chrisknits said...

Can't wait to see the finished quilting.

Sandra Walker said...

Mysteries are such fun, and can be so perplexing right?!

The Sloan Patch said...

Ooh, that sounds like fun! I don't know if I could cope with not knowing where I was heading!!!

Kaisievic said...

Sounds like a fun Mystery QAL.

grammajudyb said...

Good for you! You actually had two items on your OMG and finished them both! Hooray!

Patty said...

Very nice. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

DeAnna said...

Very nice. Your colors are awesome!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Congratulations on your achieved goal! And enjoy this mystery quilt ;)