Saturday, August 18, 2018

FNSI

Was on again last night.    First up I made a good start on the twirly dress for Miss M.   At this stage it is cut out, the bodice front, back and shoulder seams sewn together and the two tiers are gathered but none are yet joined up as I need my model to try it on.


After having a few play days with my checker board squares it was decided to go ahead a make a few more - at this stage 4 - so back to the cutting board with this one.  Fortunately I many scraps to choose from and plenty of black and white fabrics left.


I was feeling very productive this morning and whilst hubs and I were eating our porridge a batch of savoury muffins was baking away in the oven.   Of course we did the taste test with a cup of coffee to finish off our breakfast.  


They are yummy was the verdict. 

To see what everyone did during FNSI pop over here.  

Linking with Friday Finished or Not.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all


12 comments:

Ondrea said...

Love the dress. It is good having lots of fabrics on hand to choose from when doing patchwork. I usually end up having to buy one or 2 more lol.

Maria said...

Looking forward to seeing Miss M model her beautiful twirly dress. sew cute.
Have fun cutting cutting cutting........
Muffins look great.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your wee dress is so sweet. Love savoury muffins....yummo!

Narelle said...

Adorable little dress :)

Maddy said...

Such an adorable little dress, love your fabric choice.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Very cute little dress. I made a few 'twirly' skirts for my grandaughters from quilting fabric.

Maddy said...

Such an adorable little dress, great choice in fabric.

Susan said...

What a cute little dress - how old is Miss M?? I bet she will love it.

Vicki said...

Love the fabrics for both the dress and the checkerboard.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen Miss M must be the best dressed child around,i love the clothes that you make for her,she must feel like a princess,yummy muffins,well done my friend xx

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Sweet sewing, porridge and muffins. Sounds like a perfect Saturday.

-Soma

Bethan said...

I love the dress - I bet it will be really twirly when Miss M tries it. Those muffins look very yum x