Friday, September 20, 2019

This week in the sewing room

Not a great deal was achieved due to distractions such as seeing the movie Downton Abbey.    If you were a fan of the tv series then this is a "must see movie".    All of the original cast are in it as well as all the opulence, beautiful clothes of the era and much more.  Hubs and I both looked at each other when it finished as said  "I could see that again".

A good start was also made on some spring cleaning and after having a month's worth of rain in two days it was time head into the garden to do some clipping back and pull out those pesky weeds which keep popping up.    With the soil being very wet they were not hard to pull out.   Next job is to clip back the seaside daisies and the azaleas now that they have finished flowering.


After my busy morning in the garden I decided to make an early start after lunch with FNSI and  finish off a bucket hat that I am making for Miss M.    Bucket hats are not hard to make but do take time.


I also managed to finish off the two aprons with the Star Wars fabric pockets that were started earlier on in the month as well as finish off another.


Thanks Wendy for organising another FNSI.   Head on over here to do some blog hopping and see what was achieved by the other participants.

Back soon and in the meantime


Happy sewing all

11 comments:

Fiona said...

I will watch the movie sometime... I did enjoy the series very much. love the bucket hat you made. The garden is looking pretty....
Hugz

Susan said...

Love all your flowering sa side daisies - pls send any spare rain up here or better still to the farmers.

Love the bucket hat - is it a commercial pattern ? I must try one for my grandson - he is a bit young for aprons - but a good idea!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Karen i must see this movie ,i love Downton Abby ,i have the videos. Well done with your weeding and spring cleaning and i love Miss M's hat well done my friend xx

Lin said...

Nice work Karen - pretty fabric for the hat. Am sooo looking forward to seeing that film! xx

Vicki said...

A productive FNSI. Love the Star Wars aprons.

Susie H said...

I absolutely love the bucket hat -- so pretty! Do you use a pattern? I'd certainly be interested!

Anthea said...

Another endorsement for Downton movie... looks like I'd bet go to my local cinema!
Love the Star Wars aprons too Karen, well done
x

Raewyn said...

Sounds like you had a great day - glad to hear you enjoyed the movie - I'm looking forward to seeing it too - loved the series so much! I love the bucket hat, something my little ones will need as summer approaches - is it an online pattern?

Bethan said...

What a great hat! I really need to get around to seeing the Downton Abbey movie x

Maria said...

I loved the TV series so must go see the movie...
Such a gorgeous bucket hat for Miss M. she'll love it.
Three great aprons..

Susan said...

You are just busy every minute! I would be interested in knowing where to find directions on the hat. I have a friend who would probably love one!