Thursday, November 12, 2020

This Week in the Sewing Room

Saw the pineapple blossom tablerunner moving towards the finish line.   So far the blocks are sewn together, sandwiched and pinned ready for quilting. 

I have changed my mind a couple of times as to how to quilt this one.  It is now spread out on my once tidy couch waiting for a decision to be made.

A couple of months ago a member of the local a hosptial auxiliary that I belong to invited me to join her very small quilting group.    There are only three of them and they have been meeting together once a week for 10 years.  They all fell in love with the pineapple blossom block when I showed them so it was decided that we would each make a tabletopper using Christmas fabrics.   There is a limit of 5 fabrics only to be used.    These are my chosen fabrics.

I did finish off what I call a "no fuss" Christmas tree.   It now resides with my parents and will be their easy "put up pull down" Christmas tree.


Linking with Put Your Foot Down
                      Finished or not Friday   
                      TGIFF

Back soon and in the meantime

 Happy sewing all

13 comments:

dq said...

What a joy for you to become a part of this small yet devoted group. Quilting bonds us all around the world. I am certain they are lucky to have you because of your kind heart as well as your knowledge about quilting.

I love the bright and happy colors in your pineapple quilt and will be anxious to see what color placement you will choose for the Christmas one.
Enjoy!

Julierose said...

Really pretty pineapple blossom tabelrunner, Karen-- and I love that Christmas tree--nice works hugs, Julierose

Rebecca Grace said...

How wonderful to have a new beginning in this year when everything has been canceled and postponed! You will have so much fun with these quilters for sure. And I love the idea of the super-easy Christmas tree for your parents! We have been talking about scaling back our Christmas decorations this year but even though my husband agrees in principal, what he actually puts into practice once he goes into full-on Elf Mode is anyone's guess... Think Chevy Chase's Christmas lights in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation...

Gail said...

Love the bright colors in the Pineapple block! The little tree hill be fun for many years!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Beautiful Pineapple quilt. I really like your tree.
Have a great day!

jude's page said...

Love the idea of the Christmas tree quilt, especially for anyone with limited space for an actual tree.

kiwikid said...

Loev your pineapple runner and the Christmas tree is wonderful.

Fiona said...

love those blocks.... choosing how to quilt always takes me a bit of time.... it will be lovely.... great to go and sew with a small group
Hugz

Maria said...

Lovely Christmas tree for the folks...
Love those bright blocks...

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love your runner...the colours are lovely and so are your Christmas choices. The Christmas Tree wall hanging is a beautiful festive piece for your parents x

Janice said...

Your runner is coming together nicely and your Christmas tree wall hanging is very effective. I’m looking forward to seeing you table topper with your five fabrics. I hope you share everyone’s interpretation.

Ondrea said...

Love the runner and a Christmas version will look wonderful. Love your Christmas tree.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I still really love the black as a background for these blocks - those colors are just gorgeous. What fun to find a group to stitch with!!