Friday, December 4, 2020

FNwF

The first Friday of the month means FNwF which is organised by Cheryll.   I have to say that I did not put in one stitch tonight but I did have a bit of a marathon sewing session earlier in the week to get some childrens' aprons finished off for the hospital auxiliary stall today and tomorrow.


The ballerina and butterfly aprons were sold within the first 1/2 hour of us starting to sell on the stall. 

During the week I took myself off into the City and  was surprised to see just how quiet it was.    Usually the Strand Arcade is wall to wall with people around 10 am - not this week.


Martin Place is always another crowded and busy area - not this particular day.    


I did come home rather sad at just what effect COVID has had on our lovely city and to console myself  we put up our Christmas decorations to bring some cheer.     Next on the agenda is to write my Christmas cards and finish wrapping the presents.   Those  small gifts that are under the tree are the Christmas coasters made for our friends who we are having lunch with next week.     


Hopefully those who signed up over here did a bit more than me.

A big thank you to Cheryll for  organising us all on the first Friday night of each month - and during the height of our lockdown and restrictions she organised us on two Friday nights each month.   Hopefully she will be running FNwF again next year.  

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

13 comments:

Fiona said...

Thats a lot of aprons... not surprising they went so quickly..... It is sad to see the emptiness in the streets.. though it probably makes shopping a bit easier!
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Wow! Great effort on your aprons. I guess everyone is still being cautious....no such thoughts up here.....unfortunately! People are a bit too complacent for my liking especially around social distancing. Your Christmas tree looks so lovely xx

Janice said...

Gosh, the city is quiet. I know most people from around here are still very wary of visiting Sydney. I don’t think that will change in the near future either. As you say, it is very sad. On a more cheerful note, I’m glad your aprons sold well and your Christmas tree looks very festive.

Maria said...

I'm sure there will be many happy little girls now with their cute aprons...
I think it's great to see folk doing the right thing and not crowding the shops..
Your tree looks lovely. Mine is still in the box high up in the cupboard....

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

It's fun to see photos of your shopping streets, even if the crowds are down. That flower stand is so pretty! Yay, on the aprons selling so quickly! Great job on getting the Christmas tree up! Merry Christmas! (early!)

jude's page said...

Good to see someone has got their tree up as there is no sign of Christmas in this house yet. Those aprons look cute, glad they sold well. I feel for the business in the cities this year, as it will be a struggle for some to keep afloat.

Ondrea said...

Lots of lovely aprons there. I am not surprised they sold so well.

Raewyn said...

You can be excused for not sewing after your marathon sewing earlier in the week. So rewarding to see your makes selling so well. Your Christmas Tree looks great - we haven't thought about our one yet....

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Wow, it looks absolutely deserted in the city. I've never seen it like that either. I don't think people around here have received the memo because the shopping centres (especially car parks) are super busy. Love all of your aprons. Hope you've had a lovely weekend :)

Sharon said...

Merry Christmas! Thanks for sharing the fun with us.

Cheryll said...

It was lovely having your company this week & on ALL the past FNwF too Karen.
Hopefully 2021 will be as Covid-free as the new normal allows until a vaccine.
I wish you a very Merry Christmas ... xox

Sharon Kwilter said...

Congratulations for selling out the aprons. They were very cute.

Susie H said...

It is sad what the COVID has done. The small businesses, the friendships, families kept at a distance, the virtual schooling. Very sad indeed. Thank goodness we've got our sewing!!!