Friday, June 11, 2021

Moving right along

During the week I was working on and off cutting the sashings and borders of the HST challenge quilt.  All 12 blocks were sewn together, the red border is on and this is how it looks now. 

Next week it is being sent off for quilting and on its return I will  put on the binding.   In the past I have always done my own quilting but this one along with the other two quilts which are being made by the other two members of the group are being donated to charity and the member who set the challenge has offered to have them quilted professionally....who am I to argue.    I see many hours being saved on my part.

Linking with Put Your Foot Down

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

10 comments:

kiwikid said...

Looks wonderful Karen.

Maria said...

Looks great and it’s nice to have someone do the quilting sometimes… that’s what I do….

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I love this quilt , Karen. Looking forward to seeing it quilted. have a lovely weekend.

Cheryll said...

That looks spectacular...& even better time management to have someone else quilt it...
Well done...xox

Fiona said...

the quilt is lovely.... more time to sew if its off somewhere for quilting
Hugz

Ondrea said...

That quilt is rather stunning. Are you making one for yourself?

Michelle Ridgway said...

The greys and red look so good together. Well done Karen xx

For the love of geese said...

So pretty, yes I would be happy to accept the offer of custom quilting.

jude's page said...

Very striking quilt, now you can make another instead of having to quilt it!

Chookyblue...... said...

looks great and great you don't have to quilt it......think you have a spam comment there above mine....