Friday, October 15, 2021

Let me in and FNSI

After my hands and eyes had been denied the pleasure of the physical experience of shopping for the past 15 weeks I wasted no time in heading to the shops once they opened their doors again on Monday.  First stop was the fabric shop.  

While the shop was closed they took the opportunity to re-style it and what an improvement.   I felt I was rather restrained and purchased a few pretty pieces of fabric to make some summer clothes for Miss M as well as stocking up on several spools of thread, soft flannelette for backings on bibs and more capsule covers and of course one or three or more???? pieces of quilting fabric as well as a bolt of wadding.    How could I resist with all these specials around me.    

Next stop was the hairdresser.  All gowned up and waiting for the scissors to do their magic.  


Sadly curl ended up on the floor and is no more.   My head feels so much lighter.

My knitting group resumed this week so time to gather up those beanies that were knitted during lockdown.    13 were completed and the 14th one is still on the needles.    They are being donated to the Far West Childrens Home and a local women's refuge. 


Next book in the pile to read.


This morning I was able to meet up again with a few friends for coffee and on my return home an early  start was made on FNSI.   First up was to cut out some of the fabrics purchased the other day.


And then put them through the overlocker. 


Another baby capsule/pram cover was bound.   


Tomorrow hubs and I are going to visit Miss M and her parents.    It will be so nice to actually see them in the flesh again rather than via a screen.   I will take the half constructed clothes with me to fit Miss M and hopefully finish them off during the week.   
                    
Thanks Wendy for organising FNSI.

Linking with Put Your Foot Down

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

15 comments:

Maria said...

Great you were able to go shopping again and stock up …
I bet it feels good to have that haircut…
Nice pile of beanies and another sweet capsule/pram cover.
Enjoy your visit with Miss M and family….

Janet O. said...

Isn't is wonderful to be back to doing things in person again?
Looks like you have kept yourself very busy and productive during confinement.

Jeanna said...

Sounds like a busy but very enjoyable week. Sorry to hear about curl (LOL) Have fun at the family visit...those hugs are going to be super special.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful you can get out and about again, you have a great beanie collection and the pram cover is lovely. Also wonderful you can visit family again.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Yay for shopping (finally!!) Enjoy visiting with your family x

ButterZ said...

You are so lucky to get out and shop. Enjoy the sewing.

Susan said...

Karen, it must have been so draining.... the fact that you cant go anywhere makes it all the more desirable. Hopefully, this is the end of lockdowns . . .but make the most of it in case.

Fiona said...

I can hear you running out the house shouting 'freedom'!!! haha.... great to get to do some of those things one takes for granted usually... always nice to have some new fabric to play with too...
Hugz

Deb A said...

That haircut after lockdown is wonderful! Glad you are able to get out and about and visit with family again.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I know you had fun on your shopping expedition and congrats on your new haircut, too, Karen!!

Jenny said...

I had to wait for ages for a haircut too, it certainly makes you feel great when it is finally achieved.

Janice said...

You must feel so much lighter in many ways, not just the haircut. Your poor little curl. What a relief to finally be able to get out and about again. Fancy visiting Spotlight. Enjoy visiting family. That will be so exciting for Miss M.

jude's page said...

Glad you are out and about again, i bet that haircut felt great

dq said...

Yay! Shopping again. Being shut down is no fun and can be depressing. I hope you are well!

Chookyblue...... said...

glad your allowed to do stuff again but I went shopping at the bigger shops last week and I sure can give that a miss for some time yet........the whole mask/qr code etc I found such a hassle and in no rush to go back.......I rush into a town shop here and back out and mask off again......being a a shopping centre was no joy.......
goodluck with the sewing