Monday, March 28, 2022

My Expectations .......

At the market day stall were exceeded with sales well in excess of what I had thought and many of the items were sold out very early especially the bowl cosies, wine bottle gift bags, Easter treat bags and tooth fairy pillows.    


The placemats, childrens aprons, bibs, small make up bags and glasses cases were also very popular.    

There were other stall holders as well selling jewellery, cards, Easter eggs in cute packaging,  jams and chutneys as well as raffia plant holders.   From what I can ascertain everyone was very happy with their takings on the day.    

The social committee has decided to hold a Spring fair in September so the items not sold yesterday  will go towards my stall then.     I will need to increases quantities of those good selling items and look at making some Christmas themed items such as small stockings, tablerunners and ???? to fill the gap of the Easter treat bags.   At least I have just over 5 months this time to think about what to make instead of just 5 weeks notice that was given for  market day.   

While I am thinking about that the RSC colour for April is pink.    I had made a start on sewing up pink scraps into slabs sometime ago but that is as far as they got.   Now is the time to convert them into bibs.   

                                            

I finished reading the book in my last post and thoroughly enjoyed it.   The mystery behind the art work was interesting and I can imagine from what I have read and learnt of the era that the circumstances would have occurred even though it was fiction.  

The next book to read is

My quilting student has had her quilt returned from the longarmer and she has finished the binding.    After much consideration it was decided to leave the snowflakes off that she was tatting.


She is delighted with the result as am I as her teacher.  

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

13 comments:

Janice said...

Well done! I’m not surprised at your success, as you had a nice variety of well made items. I’m glad you enjoyed the book last week. I did too. Have fun playing with your pink fabrics.

kiwikid said...

So good to hear your stall went well Karen, gives you a much better idea of what to sew for next time. I just looked for that book at the library but they only have it on borrowbox, will have to wait a bit for that!! Your student has made a beautiful quilt.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

I'm so pleased to hear that your stall was a success Karen. Now lots of time (and upcoming colder winter weather) to sew up more things to sell in September.

Maria said...

Happy for you to have had a successful stall at the market… well done.
I’m sure you’ll enjoy making new items for the Spring Market…
Your students quilt is lovely..

Jeanna said...

Congratulations on a successful sale day! You did a great job teaching your student because her quilt is stunning.

Janet O. said...

It was good to hear of your success over Zoom and here in your post. Your items look great on display and I have no doubt they were well made.
Are you planning to give yourself a little break before digging in to prepare for the next one, since you have more time? I think I'd need a good long nap--like a week. :)

Cheryll said...

Oh that's wonderful Karen... well done on all your sales.
And you should be proud...perhaps a lifelong quilter has emerged... xox

Susan said...

So glad you did well at your market - plenty of time to prep for the next one!
and thanks for the RSC update -

Congrats to you & your student - the quilt looks great!

Fiona said...

Wonderful all your hard work paid off at the stall, and gives you a good idea of what people are looking for.... well done. the 'students' quilt is fabulous.... great start to a new addiction.

Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

So pleased your steal went so well...... Goodluck on the next one....

Michelle Ridgway said...

Congratulations on your success....well done! Your students quilt is beautiful....hats off to student and teacher xx

jude's page said...

Glad the stall went well, and the 5 months will go pretty quickly. Your student's quilt looks fantastic, well done.

cityquilter grace said...

so happy your stall did so well..i have tried several times with NO success whatsoever...one time i did make enough to cover my table rent...so kudos to you and wish you well on future sales!