Thursday, June 8, 2023

Just hanging around

The complex where hubs and I live is currently being repainted on the exterior and due to the shape and levels of the complex it is not possible to reach certain areas via scaffolding or ladders so "rope hangers" have been brought in to access those more difficult areas.   

If you look closely at the next photo you will see  ropes tied around the pergola and running back over the roof tiles.    We are on the other side of the building

This is what is hanging off those ropes in front of our third bedroom window.



Not a job that I would be putting my hand up to do.    

Book club met again yesterday and this months book is


This book  is set 15 years after the events of  the Handmaid's Tale and seeing that I neither read the original book or watched the series on tv I may find it hard to pick up.   Time will tell.

Before starting the last stage of  the binding a glasses case as a gift was made.


Putting the walking foot back onto the machine and getting close to finishing off attaching the binding.


Only two more sides remain to be done.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

8 comments:

Lin said...

Could be a bit of a surprise to wake up to! Hope it isnt all going to take too long. I hated the Handmaids Tale - read it in the days when having started a book I would always finish it! Fortunately I have now discovered that life is too short to waste time on a book I am not enjoying. Anyway I hope you get on with The Testaments, she does seem to be a popular writer so dont let me put you off. xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

My son has been in that position and also on platforms hanging from city highrise.....made me shudder! Handmaids Tale never spoke to me so can't offer and opinion. Lovely gift and always great to be up to binding x

Fiona said...

Oooh, I have never seen painting done that way..... fun to watch and impressive painting and mountaineering skills!
I got completely sucked into the Handmaids Tale series on TV and looking forward to the next one starting soon. A bit in your face but every episode I wanted to see what happened next.
Hugz

Janet O. said...

That is not a job I would ever want to attempt!
Perfect fabric for the eyeglass case. :)
It is such a good feeling to me when I get the binding attached all around a quilt.

Susan said...

Hopefully, the painting is done soon and there are no more men hanging around outside your windows!

Binding is very satisfying - signals the end of a project!

Love the glasses case...so cute!

Janice said...

That’s not a job for the faint hearted, and add balancing a tin of paint into the mix. Not for me. It will be good to have everything freshened up. I haven’t read or seen the Handmaid’s Tale either. It will be interesting to see how you go. Good luck with the binding.

jude's page said...

Hmm, don't think that would be fun job, but would be good when it's finished. Happy reading, is it compulsory to finish it?

dq said...

Way to go on that binding! That color really pops nicely with the back.

I'm sure it was interesting seeing the ropes and a person's feet dangling outside your window.