Saturday, January 6, 2024

FNwF

I have been working on and off during the week on a couple of summer nighties for myself and finished them off when joining in with FNwF last night.   I have had this pattern for more years than I  care to remember and have used it many times to make myself nighties over that time.    

I took the top from style 3 subtracted the frill, added the skirt from style 2 and came up with what I wanted.   

This time when making the nighties it was decided to put an inverted pleat in the front and back which eliminated the need to do any gathering.    Smart thinking I thought as it gave me the fullness in the nightie - nothing worse than sleeping in tight attire - without all the adjusting and fiddling that goes with doing gathers.   Getting smart in my old age!!!!!  The photo below shows my version with the pleat.


At the recent Christmas market I was approached by someone asking if I would make her some adult bibs and as promised I went to see her during the week to discuss.   A pattern was drafted  before seeing her so that the neck, width and length measurements were to her satisfaction.   And here is the results of that.  She was delighted with both bibs when they were delivered yesterday.  


  

Thanks Cheryll for having us all around again last night.  

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

8 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

cracking into the new year........

dq said...

Pretty fancy design work on your nightgown. The freedoms are possible when you sew it yourself and you have the talent and knowledge to do so.

kiwikid said...

Great design changes to your nightie, comfort is most important.
Great bibs.

Maria said...

You'er good sewing nighties, it's just not my thing and I find T Shirt ones more comfy.
Pleased your lady was happy with the bibs.

Lin said...

Good idea to put that pleat in and nice work on the bibs. xx

Susan said...

keeping busy Karen - great bibs - the pleat sounds like a sensible plan - maybe even lost of small pleats.....though I cant see me making any nighties...LOL

Janice said...

Go you! When you have a pattern that works well for you it makes sense to keep using it. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. The adult bibs look like they turned out well.

Susie H said...

I envy you that you can make summer nighties. I have trouble following clothing patterns. Of course here in the northern hemisphere, I'd be sewing my nighties with flannel! Hahahaha! Hope you're having a good week!