Monday, January 5, 2009

I made this quilt for my mother for Mothers Day a couple of years ago and it is based on the cottage garden theme. Mum and dad have a lovely garden where they spend most of their waking hours either working in it or enjoying it with their dog. Again I appliqued this quilt as with the little hawaiian shirts. I love doing machine applique - I have not tackled hand applique as yet - something else to add to the "to do" list - maybe one day.


When I was making this quilt our very grand old cat of nearly 21 years died so I decided that he should be immortalised in the quilt - and of course you cannot have a cottage garden without a cat - so you can see him in the second block from the bottom on the lefthand side sitting ontop of the wheelbarrow.

I have added an actual photo of him and as you can see he sits very regally.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Karen your blog is looking great . You are very clever .

Lucky-1 said...

I'm a cat person and your little cat, will be honored forever in your beautiful quilt.

Look forward to seeing what you make in the future:D

shopperdeb24 said...

what a lovely tribute to a much loved furry friend!