Sunday, March 27, 2016

FNSI

Turned into "Easter long weekend sew in" for me.    Hubs and I had lunch with mum and dad on Good Friday which meant that I was able to come home and get stuck straight into some sewing on Friday night without having to worry about organising dinner as we over -indulged at lunchtime.

Firstly I sewed up my  9 patches  for the Rainbow Scrap challenge.    The colour for March is purple with yellow accents.   I have plenty of purple but not much with yellow so I had to improvise a bit on this one as can be seen below


After finishing off the 9 patches it was onto the tedious job of pulling through and typing off the ends on some of my circles for 365 dots


Saturday morning started off lovely and sunny so it was into the laundry to pre-wash some fabric that I want to use in the near future.


While that was drying I cut out the strips needed for the next set of clues for the mystery runner


Morning tea ....what better than a mug of coffee along with a warm hot cross bun.


Now that the weather has cooled down a bit it is time to start thinking "winter clothes" so out with the master pattern to trace off size 3 for Miss M.


On Sunday I made a start with some of the pre-washed fabric from yesterday and cut out corduroy pants along with some fleece pants and tops.


Miss M's Cinderella dolly met with accident and needed some medical attention.  


 She is now all back together again.

With all this sewing and cutting out one needs to have a chocolate fix every now and then.

 
Poor bunny is missing his ears.   I think that is the best part of the bunny and always start with the ears first - maybe because the chocolate is the thickest there.      What part do you  attack  - (eat) -first?  

There is still one more day left of the Easter break but I have to do some domestics tomorrow as well as a bit of  shopping.      There maybe some time in the afternoon to do a bit more sewing.

I hope that you all had a lovely Easter and enjoyed whatever you did.

Thanks again Wendy for hosting another fun night and if you would like to see what the others who signed up for FNSI achieved pop over to Sugarlane Designs.   Back soon and in the meantime
Happy sewing all


3 comments:

Käthe said...

Dear Karen ,
so beautiful fabrics you have processed . And with you is good weather , so you can sit outside . How nice. With us it's cold and raining , no sun .
I wish you a happy and blessed Easter .
best regards
Käthe

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

hi Karen,
thank you for visiting my blog :-) It´s breathtaking to see what you have sewn in the last few days !

happy quilting
Angelika from the most northern part of Germany

retdairyqueen said...

Loving the colours in your scrap challenge