Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The journey has begun

I had my plans for today change unexpectedly so I thought I would take the opportunity to catch up with the clues which were given over the weekend for the "mystery train ride".    First off was the cutting of some of the fabrics which can be seen below.


We have also been given sewing instructions for putting these together however I will tackle that later on.    

After putting all those bit and pieces together in a safe place it was time to start getting my fabric and instructions together for quilt group on Saturday.   Even though I have chosen a  simple block I did do up a sample one so I can show the others what they are making.    Being a "visual" person myself I like to see a sample should I get stuck on written instructions.

So here are some of my bags ready to give out.   Each one contains an instruction sheet and one
6 1/2" square of the same white fabric.    Also in the photo can be seen the sample block.


Time to have some lunch then head back into the sewing room.

Back soon with some progress photos of the "mystery" and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

3 comments:

Ondrea said...

Looks like fun. I shall look forward to seeing your progress.

Anthea said...

The colours in your first pic look great, can't wait to see how they come together!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

How wonderful that you have a group to stitch together with! Cant wait to see what you all create!