Monday, January 2, 2017

Best of 2016

                                   

It is nice to be able to look back on the year and see what has been achieved - or not.    I discovered that 2016 was the Year of the Small item as far as my sewing is concerned.   I did start a couple of what I hope will be "a quilt one day projects"  but below are a few of my favourite items that were finished and now enjoyed.

Firstly Cheers , good health

Was a set of placemats that were made for use when eating outside.

                                         
Secondly  The  Finish Line 

A UFO that had been sitting around my sewing room for a very long time and now sits proudly on the dining table of my son and daughter in law.

                                              

Next comes Cool Cats

A runner that I made for the piano from some very cute cat fabric that was bought for me from Japan.

                                                    

Then comes my origami candle mat

                                                

And last but not least Done and Dusted

A table runner that was the result of a "mystery train ride".

                                                        

Thanks goes to Cheryl of Meadow Mist Designs for giving us the opportunity to share our work with others.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You've got some great finishes for 2016. I look forward to 2017. My favorite was the spiderweb table runner.