Some statistics regarding the quilt -
Each square was cut 4 ½” to finish at 4”. There are 366 squares with 3" circles on them which represents something that I did or happened each day. There are 12 squares with letters on them to represent the beginning of each month making a total of 378 squares. The quilt ended up being 72” x 84”. I joined 3 rows at a time, quilted them then joined the backing and next three rows using the QAYG method without sashing as I wanted to see the whole year complete rather than looking at smaller sections that would have been created if sashing had been used and therefore broken that continuity.
I found out about 365 daily circles while doing some blog hopping and started the first of my circles back in March 2016 making this a 12 month project. I did find it very “addictive” and really enjoyed having an excuse to play around with my scraps to find the “right” piece to represent each day. The process of putting it together became very boring towards the end and I was pleased to put in the last stitch. I knew while making the blocks and leaving the construction all to the end would be major work but I was not sure how I wanted to put the blocks together. At one stage the thought was to put 6 months on the front and 6 months on the back and then one day there was a “light bulb” moment when I saw a scrap piece of fabric with letters on it which then gave me the idea to use those letters to represent each month to create a "calendar". It is named “This was 2016”.
Thanks for following my journey over the last 12 months.
Back soon and in the meantime
Happy sewing all