Friday, July 21, 2017

From this.......

To this.


My rainbow quilt top has now grown into the correct size.   When doing the challenge only 10 colours were used however I added in the red with white and black with white blocks but the quilt was still not quite the right size so the pale pink and pale green blocks  along with the sashings and borders - that I managed to get on today -  have made all the difference.

It was a very cold and windy day - good for doing some pre-washing of the backing fabric and  I am using a lightweight flannel as wadding so that was pre-washed as well.  

I was lucky to be able to make an early start on my FNSI and am pleased with my achievement.   Next step is to sandwich and pin it ready for quilting.

Linking with Oh Scrap.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all




17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Karen this looks fantastic,well done my friend xx

Julierose said...

Very pretty setting of these rainbow squares--hugs, Julierose

Helen said...

It looks amazing love all your colours :)

Jeanette said...

Fabulous. Love you rainbow quilt. Hugs,xx

Raewyn said...

Your top looks great Karen, the extras you added in work well with the rest of the rainbow. Have fun with the quilting!

Ondrea said...

Oh my! The quilt is absolutely gorgeous! Well done.

Susie H said...

It's beautiful! Way to go with improvising to get it the size YOU need!

Janet said...

The border really sets off the colours nicely. Lovely quilt!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

This top really looks great. You made smart choices on the colors you added. They really finished off the quilt nicely. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

The Joyful Quilter said...

FUN 9-Patch variation!! I absolutely LOVE scrappy quilts.

Teresa said...

I absolutely love it.

Maria said...

A fabulous bright happy Quilt top...

Bethan said...

It looks fantastic! Great additions that work really well x

Kathryn T said...

Looks beautiful. Must take quite a bit of time picking the right fabric and colour for a rainbow quilt. Such a happy look.

dq said...

Yay! Quilters get so excited about finishes because making a quilt takes so much time. Love it! I also love that you added the red.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love all the fabrics you picked for this. Looks wonderful.

Nann said...

What a great interpretation of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge! (I tuned in to read your OMG linkup post, then read this one.) Glad your at-home retreat was creatively productive.