My rainbow quilt top has now grown into the correct size. When doing the challenge only 10 colours were used however I added in the red with white and black with white blocks but the quilt was still not quite the right size so the pale pink and pale green blocks along with the sashings and borders - that I managed to get on today - have made all the difference.
It was a very cold and windy day - good for doing some pre-washing of the backing fabric and I am using a lightweight flannel as wadding so that was pre-washed as well.
I was lucky to be able to make an early start on my FNSI and am pleased with my achievement. Next step is to sandwich and pin it ready for quilting.
Linking with Oh Scrap.
Back soon and in the meantime
Happy sewing all