Thursday, March 22, 2018

The mystery quilt revealed

At last I am able to share with you the mystery quilt that I have been working on over the last few weeks.

I just love the result and all the components went together so easily without having to do a bit of an ease or stretch at any point to make it all fit.   One of the clues did require that one consistent colour was used in each of the QST blocks and I choose to use black and I then repeated the use of the black fabric when doing the cornerstones.

All that is left to do now is the final border and whilst  two fabrics were auditioned yesterday I was not really happy with either of them so back to stash to find just the right piece.     I nominated to have this flimsy finished by the end of the month and hopefully I am on track to reach that goal as there is just over a week to go before time runs out.

Linking with Oh Scrap.

Back soon and in the meantime


Happy sewing all





10 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Karen, this is beautiful. Well done.

Anthea said...

It worked out so well Karen, well done!
I'm too chicken to do a mystery quilt... I like to see what I'm making before I make it... that's the overthinker in me!

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

Stunning quilt, a real contrast with the black and white. I started a mystery quilt a few years ago but didn't like where it was heading and gave it away but this one is beautiful. Alot of hard work. Well done on the finish. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen wow it looks fantastic,well done my friend xx

lorrwill said...

Wow. The corner stones and sashing create a really cool secondary pattern. Well done!

Helen said...

Beautiful love the colours !

Ondrea said...

Oh my! It looks gorgeous. Love the colours. Good luck finding a border fabric.

Bethan said...

Such a beautiful quilt! The black looks good as a consistent colour x

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your blocks look great all together. I think it looks wonderful just as it is. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That Mystery really turned out well. Looking forward to seeing the completed quilt!