Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Big Day Out

Today was the first day of the Annual Craft and Quilt Fair held at Darling Harbour. This year it is celebrating 25 years and from memory I think it was said that there were over 350 quilts on display  to wander amongst and admire.   The biggest number of quilts on display ever at the Show.      It is always inspirational and motivating to see what other quilters make.


 
As well as the quilts to see there are also plenty of demonstrations and workshops as well as  retail therapy to keep one happy for hours.   I had been looking to purchase a new sewing light but did not want it magnified and found just what I was looking for as well as a few other bits and pieces.


One piece of fabric that is missing from my stash is a white background with black writing and whilst I had seen some they mostly had very large writing and pictures on them - not what I had in mind so when I saw a bolt of what I was looking for today a metre was purchased for a future project.    I also stocked up on some more bobbin huggers and the black object behind the fabric is 50 metres of macramé cord.  That will be used for another purpose which I will show later.

My plan is to head to my sewing room tomorrow to set up my new light, wind more bobbins and put the huggers around them and with all that inspiration gained today work out my next project.

Back soon and in the meantime
Happy sewing all

4 comments:

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

The quilt show sounds fab and very interesting. Who doesn't love a little retail therapy. Those lights are really handy. Great that you got inspired and can't wait to see what your next project is. Thanks for sharing :)

Maria said...

Always a fabulous outing visiting the craft show..
Have fun in your sewing room and I look forward to seeing what you create.

Anthea said...

oohhh some great purchases there Karen... what a good find with the fabric; amazing that for all the fabrics out there, at times there is just that Special One that is hard to find!
x

Bethan said...

Sounds like a great show, and it's always ideal when you find exactly what you need! x