Friday, June 1, 2018

Out and about this week

This week my two walking companions and I caught the Manly ferry into the city


And from there we walked through the Royal Botanic Gardens


Until we reached the Art Gallery of NSW to view the annual Archibald Art Prize.



The Archibald Prize is awarded annually to the best portrait, 'preferentially of some man or woman distinguished in art, letters, science or politics, painted by any artist resident in Australasia’.

As with any exhibition there is always a variety of pieces to enjoy.    Some to my liking and others not but they all make for interesting viewing and conversation.  

We were to put on our walking shoes on Wednesday and do a walk around the harbour foreshore  from Mosman to Balmoral but it decided to rain so that adventure has been put on hold for another day so Plan B it was - off to the movies to see The Bookshop.    A movie that all 3 of us enjoyed.  It was shot in Ireland and Spain with some lovely scenery.   Whilst the move could be considered "slow"  I did enjoy learning about the characters and the story behind each of them.   

I have to admit that I have spent far too many hours getting my new computer sorted and learning where things are.   After having had my old one for 7 years I could do everything without thinking now I have to "look where" is that button and how do I do that.   However I did have time to whip up a  cover for my new hot water bottle from some left over fleecy fabric.   



Now that winter is here  my feet will be cold until next summer arrives a hot water bottle is a must when sitting watching tv or reading to put my feet on to keep warm.  

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen sounds like you have been having a lovely time,in a few months you will know your new computer just like the old one,love your new hot water bottle xx

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

What a lovely day. It's been years since I've been to the Art Gallery in Sydney.
We love ferry hopping and I'm thinking of taking the kids up tomorrow to do some ferry riding and looking at the Vivid lights.

Technology changes way too fast for my liking.