Wednesday, May 30, 2018

OPAM for May

So being without a computer for just over 10 days did allow me to spend all that extra time in my sewing room and this is what I achieved.  

I did sign up for FNSI but was not able to show what was made up until now.  Firstly was two ear flap hats for Miss M which were reversible as you can see below.



Then during the weekend I went on to finish off a matching top and pants set as well as a purple pair of pants.  The left over pink fabric was used to make the flap hat.


Still no sign of the computer being returned so time to pull out the mystery quilt that I had been working on and had put aside to make the clothes for Miss M.    All that was left to do was put on the binding and it was decided to go with a black and white star fabric to fit in with the black and white theme that I choose to form the stars in the design.    It is a bit hard to see the binding fabric in the photo.


For the quilting I decided to cross hatch and stitch in the ditch and it can be seen from the back in the photo below


We are now up to the end of last week and I received the bad news that the computer was not going to return home so time to pull out the two smallish pieces of fabric that we were given at my quilt group and work on the challenge.   The top two fabrics used in the tree were the challenge fabrics and it was up to us what we made but the two fabrics had to be used.  Instead of quilting the wallhanging I decided to use a metallic thread and create little stars with one of the stitches on my machine.


Being without the computer for that time made me realise just how much time is spent on looking what can be done instead of doing what could be done.  I will need to be strong now that a new computer sits in the empty space but I can see that there are so many new functions on Windows 10 that I will need to discover!

Linking with Friday Finished or Not and Oh Scrap.

Back soon and in the meantime


Happy sewing all


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen beautiful work my friend,and lucky Miss M,hope you get your computer back soon xx

Maria said...

Miss M will be warm and cosy with her new hats pants and top..
Well done getting the quilting done and using up the challenge fabric.

dq said...

Your mystery quilt turned out great. Some mysteries don't.

You certainly got a lot done. Er feel as little naked without or computers.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Thanks for reminding me to spend more time off the computer :) It is easy to get sucked into it for hours a day. And thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!