Saturday, July 7, 2018

Trial block

Last night was FNwF which gave me the opportunity to make a start on my new project and do a trial block.


I was inspired by this post to give this block a go but decided to make all the coloured squares within each block the same so during the week I have been cutting 4 little squares of  the same coloured fabrics however there is still a pile to be cut.   I will try to have a couple of cutting sessions over the next few weeks so my little coloured and white squares together with the black and white fabrics will all be ready to just sit and sew by the time quilt retreat is on at the end of the month.

Thanks Cheryll for giving us the opportunity to share our work with others.

Linking with So Scrappy and Oh Scrap.

Back soon and in the meantime



Happy sewing all

11 comments:

Maria said...

It's sew good to have projects ready for retreat.Look forward to seeing your quilt can together. In the mean time enjoy cutting...

Ondrea said...

Oooo so much cutting! Don't overdo it. The block looks great.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Cynthia's Ladder block mad a cut quilt. Have fun with those!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen lovely block my friend,i love it ,well done xx

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Once you have everything cut, these blocks go together so quickly. I can't wait to see it all put together!

Bethan said...

This looks like a great block. Such great organisation for your retreat x

retdairyqueen said...

Nice block
So good to get all the cutting done

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

Lovely block, glad you got to do some stitching :)

Cheryll said...

I THANK YOU for stopping in at FNWF...
Nice block...xox

kiwikid said...

Lovely block, you will be all geared up for your retreat.

Anonymous said...

Nice block.