Saturday, April 27, 2019

Everything has a place......

And everything should be put back in that place is the advice that  was given to me by my mother and I gave to my kids and now my granddaughter......what  I need to do is to practise what I preach.

While doing a massive clean up in my sewing room over the last two days  all sorts of forgotten things were uncovered.    One of those being a small item which I made many times for school fetes over the years and was a good seller as well as a small gift for family and friends.    The local hospital auxiliary of which I am a member is holding a Mothers' Day stall in a couple of weeks which got me thinking that a few should be made.

Once all the necessary bits and pieces were gathered together that are needed



It was discovered that  the pattern was missing.    After going through all my folders twice - where it should have been - emptying out drawers and then going through the folders for a third time no pattern to be found anywhere in my sewing room.

What to do.    A quick search of "google" let me down badly with nothing like what I was looking for.   To be honest I made them back in the 1980's so some slack has to be given to "google" in not coming up with the answer.  

Well that did not bring me any closer to getting a pattern what now??????    I have a very good friend of over 40 years who is an avid crafter and    hoarder    organised person like myself so a quick text was sent off to her in Queensland  giving a brief description of what I was after and asking if she remembered them.     Yes came back her  quick response.   Not only did  she remember me giving her the pattern all those years ago she  had sighted it in her sewing room only a few days ago and was able to send the pattern to me via email.    Oh the wonders of modern technology.

Tomorrow's job is the make a few and share them with you.

Back soon and in the meantime


Happy sewing all




 

6 comments:

June's Jottings said...

You really were lucky Karen, give me a couple of months and I too will be 'culling' my craft room (or 'The Sargent's Mess' as I call it). If I can find anything else I think you might be interested in, will send them down to you!

Fiona said...

I am intrigued with what you are making -- well done with the search. I did laugh at the comment about google now knowing about it! haha
I wonder if you found any things you had forgotten about in your hunt for the pattern...
Hugz

Maria said...

I know what you mean about not being able to find a required pattern. Had the same myself this week BUT luckily I had one downloaded into my Adobe....
You were lucky your friend had a copy and sent it to you.
Cant wait to see it.....

Karrin Hurd said...

I think gremlins come in at night and hide things! Glad you were able to get a copy

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

You've probably put the pattern in a very safe place and will find it when you don't need it anymore. Or is that just me? Glad you managed to get a copy xx

Ondrea said...

So glad you located a pattern. Such synchronisity too! Looking forward to seeing what it is.