Thursday, April 4, 2019

The boring bits

My sewing partners and I have completed our goal of 60 size 6 dresses so time to concentrate on bibs.  It was a lovely morning so I moved my sewing room outside and made a start on sewing up some bibs.


Now comes the boring bit of clipping around the curves and turning them.  I find the blunt end of a knitting needle comes in very handy for this task.


Sometimes the pointy end of the needle needs to be used to push out some of those hard to get to curves but only a slight amount of pressure needs to be used  otherwise a hole can appear.   Ask me how I know!!

Here are some already turned, ironed and ready to top stitch but I will keep that job for FNwF. 


If you would like to join in the fun tomorrow night sign up here.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

    

2 comments:

Fiona said...

oh gosh yes, I have pushed needles through the same way! The bibs are great.
Do you have specific things you need for them? I would like to make a few for you to add...See you at sewing tomorrow evening...
Hugz

Ondrea said...

Lovely bibs. I use a chop stick for those pesky corners and you are not the only one who has learned the hard way lol.I think we have all probably done it.