Monday, December 9, 2019

I am looking at you

I popped back into the City during last week to finish off the last of my Christmas shopping.   While standing on  the street corner waiting for the lights to change I happened to look up and saw


George Washington looking down on us.   Next time I am in the City I am going to try and find out who has their office behind the face.

The City is all decked out for Christmas.  The tree in Martin Place


The Stand Arcade


The stunning Christmas Tree in the Queen Victoria Building.    It is the largest indoor Christmas tree in Australia.    It stands 24 metres and  has over 100,000 sparkling crystal ornaments and 65,000 twinkling lights.  

I am pleased to say that my Christmas shopping is now complete and I can even brag that it is wrapped and waiting for the big day.   It is safely stashed away in the bottom of a cupboard as Miss M is coming to stay with us  for a couple of days just before Christmas and we all know that little fingers are very inquisitive when it comes to pretty packages under the tree.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

5 comments:

Fiona said...

took me a while to notice the face..... well picked up.... isn't that tree lovely and well done with the Christmas shopping....
Hugz

Pink Rose said...

Hi Karen it all looks so festive,glad you had a lovely day in the city xx

June's Jottings said...

Karen I went into Brisbane last week and I have to say I was very disappointed with what Brisbane had on display in the Queens Street Mall - so much so, I would not put any of the photos on my blog. Sydney by far outdoes Brisbane in this regard.

Bethan said...

Such amazing trees! Looks like a good day out x

Karen's Korner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.