Friday, February 28, 2020

Recapping February

First up I was lucky on two counts...  I was the lucky winner for January's OPAM organised by Kris at Tag Along Teddies and received one of Kris'  gorgeous patterns for a shopping spree bag in two sizes.      And Mr RNG picked me as the lucky winner for FNSI over at Sugarlane Designs .    I shall look forward to my lovely prize arriving in  the letterbox.  

Looking back over the month many finishes were achieved including my shoe collage which has been on the "to do list" for about 18 months.     This was my nominated OMG for the month as a well as being on my WOOFA list.   I also took part in Colour it Red blog hop and added two more celebration mini quilts to my collection.    The shamrock is for St Patricks Day and is the flipside of the Valentines Day heart.   


Aprons and bibs were also sewn for Network heaven.   And a purpose  was found for all those novelty leftovers from previous projects - they made their way into 5 small quilts for the Paediatric Intensive Care unit at a large regional hospital.



I would like to thank those who keep us motivated by organising virtual sewing nights and blog hops.    It is a great way to keep moving to a finish, finding fresh ideas, learning new techniques as well as sharing tips and tricks.

A new month starts on Sunday which means that a new colour will be announced for the Rainbow Scrap challenge and it will also be  time to nominate my OMG for March.     

For anyone who is a Miss Fisher fan - and who isn't - I recommend that you see the new movie just released.    It has all the elements that make Miss Fisher a must see - the glamourous clothes, the gorgeous shoes, all the impossible feats that Miss Fisher performs without putting a hair out of place or working up a sweat and of course the love/hate relationship between herself and Jack.  

Back soon and in the  meantime



Happy sewing all

7 comments:

Cheryll said...

You’ve been busy on lots of projects...and had some “luck” too. Good for you ... xox

Maria said...

Congratulations on your two nice wins, enjoy them.
You've been busy this month completing many fabulous projects...
I'm looking forward to seeing your next month's list.

chrisknits said...

You got so much accomplished this month!! Love those bibs.

Fiona said...

Congrats on your wins... it is fun getting a little something in the post. YOu have done very well with your finishes. I do quite like Miss Fisher and didn't realise there was a new movie out.... I will probably see it sometime (when it comes out on dvd!!)
Hugz

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Congratulations, enjoy your prices! Lovely projects here!

Janice said...

Go you! A very productive month. I do love your shoe collage and how lucky to have two wins. Well done.

Ondrea said...

Wow! Super productivity there. Well done.