Friday, September 4, 2020

Having a "me" day

One needs to have "me" day every so often especially when the calendar turns over another year so hubs  helped me celebrate the day with a champagne breakfast.   Being such a lovely warm morning breakfast was moved outside to enjoy the garden that is just blooming beautifully.   


Normally we celebrate our birthdays with a lunch at our favourite seafood restaurant but there was a fire there 6 months ago and it is still under renovation so I took matters into my own hands and cooked a seafood lunch consisting of salmon fillet, roasted sweet potato and broccoli with cheese sauce. 


This was followed by my favourite fruits of strawberries and blueberries topped with Greek yogurt. 
 

Needless to say after a big breakfast and a late lunch there will be very little dinner tonight.  

What better way to spend the day than in my sewing room having a play around with fabric.    I am investigating "landscape" quilts and not  being the least bit artistic I am needing all the help and hints that I can get therefore lots of you-tube videos on how to go about creating one have been looked at over the last few weeks.   Today bought me closer to a start with grabbing all these fabrics.


The fabrics are laid out in no particular order but they have been divided into a mountain scene and a beach scene.   Not sure which one I will do - maybe both - and the fabrics below were discarded as options although I am undecided about a couple of them.

No actual sewing happened but I did enjoy my day playing around in the sewing room, starting another Nicole Alexander book, relaxing, eating and receiving good wishes from family and friends via the phone, emails and texts.  

Now you can head on over to Cheryll's blog to see what other more productive crafters achieved last night for FNwF.    

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

12 comments:

Cheryll said...

Good luck with your landscape...I like the colours you've chosen too.
Thanks for joining in FNwF as well...xox

kiwikid said...

Happy birthday 🥳, nice to hear you had a good day, shame your favourite restaurant was out of action, but your food looks amazing. Enjoy creating the landscape.

retdairyqueen said...

Happy Birthday Looks like you made the best of the current situation
I had a Big birthday last week with a very simple celebration

Michelle Ridgway said...

Happy birthday Karen....your special breakfast and lunch looked wonderful! I hope you are having fun with your landscape. I think the secret is to step back and look at them from a distance or even take a photo....that often gives you a good overall view. Enjoy your book. I am reading Wild Lands by Nicole Alexander at the moment x

Pink Rose said...

Hi Karen happy birthday my friend my birthday today too but it's the 5 th over here looks like you had a lovely lunch ,looks like you have been very busy,well done my friend xx

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

What a nice "me day" lunch! I think so much of the time for a project goes into the planning and the choosing of materials........looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

Maria said...

A perfect "Me" day starting with your champagne brekky and ending by spending time in the sewing room.

Fiona said...

Happy happy birthday and a lovely way to celebrate... Salmon is a favourite of mine. Looking forward to seeing your landscapes...

Hugz

jude's page said...

Happy Me Day, glad it was a good one, and looking forward to your landscape evolve.

Janice said...

Happy Birthday! What better way could there be to celebrate. I’m looking forward to watching your landscape grow. .

Susie H said...

Happy Birthday! I think you outdid yourself with your al fresco brunch!!!! Before any quilting can happen, one must pet the fabric, audition the fabric, and then begin. You're off to a great start!

Ondrea said...

Landscape quilts are lovely so I am looking forward to seeing what you do. Remember to have fun. Happy belated birthday. No celebrations here since March unfortunately.