Friday, September 18, 2020

In and out of the sewing room

First up my friend and I enjoyed our mini stay at home sewing retreat via Facetime.     She had not done a retreat before and  enjoyed the experience so we have planned to do another one.    While we chatted I managed to make a good start on my landscape quilt.  As I wanted to get the binding on an early start was made in the sewing room when joining Wendy and the others for FNSI.


I am really pleased with the result and there are plans to start another one soon.   Daphne started a stitchery and made good progress during the day.   She even taught herself a new knot stitch.  She has plans to put the finished stitchery onto the front of a bag.


My walking companions and I walked the perimeter of  Narrabeen Lake - a distance of just over 8 kms.  We did it in 2 hours.   



Not far to go until we reach the parking area from where we started


I have been sitting outside in the sun most days after lunch and enjoying reading.    I have just finished reading Stone Country by Nicole Alexander but have to say that I did not enjoy  it as much as Cedar Tree.    Next book on the list  is The Mother in Law by Sally Hepworth - another Australian writer.


The girls - being my walking companions plus one other - and I enjoyed a coffee morning together.


While we sipped and chatted we planned out our next walk .    This one is going to be along the coastline between Curl Curl and Harbord.

The bees are busy in the garden at the moment buzzing around the lavender and daisies.


Off to the sewing room to work on a few projects - nothing big - a small snap top bag, a wallhanging as well fiddling with the placement of fabric for the next landscape quilt.  More on those later as they progress from ideas to reality.  

                      Put Your Foot Down
                      TGIFF

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

14 comments:

Cheryll said...

Looked like a nice day for a walk too.
Good luck in your sewing room xox

kiwikid said...

Your landscape looks wonderful, your walk sounds great. Lovely to meet up with the girls.

retdairyqueen said...

Love your landscape quilt Looks great Well done

Maria said...

Nice landscape and your lovely walk will give ideas for the next one..
Great to sit and enjoy the sun while reading.
Coffees always good with friends.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your little landscape is SEW cute!! I can't imagine doing a Zoom retreat. I'd like to hear more about how you managed that.

chrisknits said...

The landscape is so serene. Will be a lovely piece to look upon each day.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Loving that landscape!!what a fun finish for your mini retreat!

jude's page said...

Well done on those walks, I keep talking about getting started, thanks for the tour in your area. Great landscape quilt.

Quiltpiecer said...

Your landscape quilt is lovely. How fun to be able to share via Facetime. I need to look into this. Great way to spend some time with friends. Something else I should look into - it'd be nice to find 1 or 2 walking companions to explore the outdoors. Enjoyed your post.

Lin said...

Your little landscape is a great finish - always good to get out for a walk with friends. xx

Susie H said...

Lovely landscape -- both your project and your walk about the lake. Since I live "across the pond" I had to convert the 8 kilometers. Nice walk -- 5 miles! So nice that it was circuitous so you didn't have to backtrack. Thanks for sharing!

Fiona said...

That's quite a long walk... great to do with friends. your landscape looks great and glad the 'retreat' went well....
Hugz

Susan said...

A busy day! the landscape quilt looks great...and the stitchery from your friend is gorgeous...
A Stay at Home retreat is a great alternative to going away.

For the love of geese said...

Your landscape is very pretty. I enjoyed the views from your walk. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.