Tuesday, October 27, 2020

From the Heart

My first thought when signing up for this blog hop was to make something personal and pretty - preferably in pink.   I spent sometime going through craft magazines looking for ideas but nothing jumped out and said personal and pretty.  I got on and did some other sewing always with thoughts going through my mind of what to make and one day when walking into bathroom I spotted my shower cap that I made last year  hanging up  - it is the best shower cap I have ever owned - and my mind was made up of what to make.    

Now I could have gone into my stash and found many pretty pink fabrics to make the cap from but no why take the easy way when you can "make" the fabric from 2 1/2" squares.   The piece needed to be  22" x 22" so all that was needed was 11 across and 11 down - a total of 121 squares.     Easy peasy.  Making the fabric  


All the squares are sewn together and starting to mark out the circle for cutting.  I use ripstop nylon on the inside to make it waterproof.  


And the final result.     A gift from the heart incorporating the challenge that I gave myself  of  4 "P's" -  personal, pretty, pink and patchwork.    


Thanks Carol for organising another fun blog hop.    To see more pretties head on over to the following blogs.   


                      TGIFF


Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

35 comments:

Cheryll said...

That's such a clever idea Karen... well done.
There's no reason we can't look FaBuLouS in the shower... xox

kiwikid said...

Wonderful idea, love the colour.

Fiona said...

Great idea Karen and so pretty too...
Hugz

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

What a lovely thoughtful project. I especially love all the pinks you've used.

Karrin Hurd said...

What a great project, thanks for sharing!

Vicki in MN said...

Prettiest shower cap I have ever seen!

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

What a great idea, and a beautiful result!

Janice said...

Ooh la la! You will look very stylish in the shower. You can add another “P” - Perfect.

tink's mom said...

That is such a sharp idea. It's so cute I would actually wear it in the shower instead of doing the bob and weave when I don't want my hair wet.

Lori said...

what a wonderful idea. we all need to make something for ourselves once in a while

piecefulwendy said...

Clever idea - I like the pink fabrics!

Calicojoan said...

Ohhh, now that's a cap that will being a smile to our faces every day!

Charlene McCain said...

Adorable shower cap! I can't believe you pieced all those little squares together, but it made a beautiful cap!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Love your "made" fabric, Karen!! What a fun idea. I've never heard of that waterproofing material. Thanks for sharing this cute idea!

Carol Swift said...

This is seriously a pretty and fun gift idea...love it! I remember wearing them to shower when I was a kid, but haven't worn one since. The other day I was thinking how much I needed one in my shower. Yay for the idea how to make it! Thank you for sharing!

Chookyblue...... said...

It's nice to make something for you.....

Patti said...

This is a cute and clever idea. Thanks for sharing!

Robin said...

Thanks for the idea. These tend to be hard to find any more.

Sharon said...

Love your pink patchwork! Thanks for sharing.

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

That's simply adorable!!! It's a shame to hide it in the shower...maybe wear it for Halloween!!

LJ said...

Excellent. What a lovely idea and to use the 4 P's was inspirational.

Turid said...

So fun. Thanks for sharing.

Carol Andrews said...

Definitely a pretty, pink, personal gift. Kudos for making unique fabric for your gift. Thanks for sharing.

FlashinScissors said...

A lovely idea Karen!
It’s very pretty.
Will you use it? Tee hee! I don’t think I would, it’s too good to get wet!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Quilting Gail said...

Very pretty shower cap!
Nice idea for a gift!

Kathleen said...

That is very much fun isn't it! I love shower caps and every once in awhile I realize I don't have one, now I have an idea about how to make one.

Carla said...

Great idea. So perfect in pink patchwork. Who couldn't use one? Do you add elastic? I would love a tutorial someday to see how you finished it.

Createology said...

Thank you very much for hopping. You certainly met your 4P’s. Such a great gift idea.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I love 2 1/2 inch charms! They are so versatile and always lovely when stitched together. And you can never go wrong with pink. well done.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well done Karen! I love it! Much prettier than my one lol!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

What a great idea!! So pretty and pink, my favorite color :) xx

Maria said...

Such a beautiful pretty pink project for yourself...

Bethan said...

Such a great idea - that's a gorgeous shower cap x

Hilachas said...

Cute cap.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Karen! You had me giggling right from the first sentence. Make your own fabric - my not. Easy peasy - only 121 squares. I had the same thought - I wanted a Buffalo plaid and I thought, why not just make it yourself in the colors you want. Sure. Standing on my head and spitting quarters probably would have been quicker. Cute, cute, cute finish and it was so fun to read about. Thanks for linking up on TGIFF. ~smile~ Roseanne