Friday, July 30, 2021

My week

We are now at the end of the 5th week of lockdown with another 4 weeks ahead of us - at least.  Further restrictions have been put in place although fortunately in our area it will not affect us as we can still travel up to 10 kms for exercise, shopping etc.    In some areas you can now only travel within a 5 km radius for shopping, exercise and unable to leave the local government area unless an essential worker with the proviso that you have a COVID test every 3 days.     

Life still continues along as it has for the last 5 weeks - going for my daily walks where I happened upon these two guarding the path yesterday.    They did allow me to pass without paying a toll.

Taking the opportunity each day after lunch to enjoy some sunshine outside on the balcony with a book and a cup of tea.   This was the next book in the pile to be read.

The next beanie is on the "needles".

Another jigsaw puzzle has been started.    This one is 750 pieces and I have to say that some of the shapes are not what I call a traditional jigsaw shape.   It is challenging the brain.   

Miss M continues to Facetime with us during the week and we  help with home schooling.  

A start has been made on a couple of Christmas table runners.  Progress so far on the first one.  These will be my OMG for August.  

I guess next week and the subsequent weeks will be much the same as the past 5.     Fortunately I have my sewing machine, knitting needles, books, jigsaw puzzles, domestic duties and a weekly shopping expedition - only for food - as well as a daily walk to keep me busy.  

Back soon and in the meantime stay safe and 

Happy sewing all

10 comments:

ButterZ said...

Well you do have a plan and lots to keep you busy

Janice said...

As you have said previously, you are very fortunate in that you are not too adversely affected and have plenty to go on with. Let's hope that the four more weeks starts to slow things down..... a lot.

Maria said...

So good you can keep busy and your life hasn’t been affected too much.
Keep safe and well.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

So many fun things to keep you going!!! Yay!

Fiona said...

You certainly have lots to keep you occupied .... those jigsaw shapes would have me baffled! keep safe...
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Sadly your lock down might last longer Karen, so many new cases in NSW, it is great you have lots to keep you busy. Love those kinds of jigsaws, strange shapes are what I look for if I am having problems finding the right colours 😁.

Ondrea said...

You have kept very busy. That is the good thing about crafters. We always find something to do. I hope you aren't like us last year with lockdown. Having covid tests every 3 days woukd be difficult. I heard truck drivers have nasal abrasions and blood noses from being tested so often. Love the colours for the beanie. Keep safe.

Marly said...

You seem well prepared for the lockdown, with all your crafting projects. Ours has been partially lifted, after 7 months, but we still have to maintain 1.5m distance and wear masks in public transport. Fortunately more than 60% has been fully vaccinated. Good luck with your goal, Karen.

jude's page said...

While lockdown for some is a crisis, and my sympathy goes to them, for those of us "older" age group who have hobbies, it doesn't seem so bad

dq said...

Cute little trail trolls. I am so glad you can get out and walk even during lock down. We need to get out and we need each other so much. Stay safe.