Monday, September 27, 2021

A bit of this and a bit of that

Is what has been happening around here.   We have been having Spring weather....a promise of summer one day and back to winter the next.     On the lovely summery days hubs and I have been heading to the local beach for a change during this never ending lockdown.    These guys were lined up on the boat ramp waiting for the boats to come back in with the hope of some fish being thrown their way.  

Another batch of blueberry muffins in the oven.  They have risen beautifully - just need browning off.  


Next book in the pile to read.  It is written by the same author as "The Land Girls" which I really enjoyed so looking forward to starting this one.  


For me lunch is the worst meal of the day as I am not a big bread eater so I am often looking for quick and healthy ideas to serve.   While do some googling the other day a recipe was found for a veggie, cheese and rice slice.   An hour after purchasing the necessary ingredients on my weekly shopping expedition  lunch was served.  The recipe made enough for both of us to enjoy for a couple of days.
    

Saturday was a big "social day" - via the screen of course.    Chooky had organised another  Zoom session - a fun start to the day.   Some of the other bloggers on the screen


During that time I managed to get 36   5 /12" blocks sewn together for another baby capsule/pram cover


After signing off from that screen it was time for a quick lunch before heading back to the screen to join in with my regular quilt group meeting.   Our numbers were greatly reduced today but it was a fun sewing time together .    Those that are sitting in exotic locations were dreaming of far away places to go when we are set free.  


We are hoping to meet up in person by November.   As I was "conducting" the meet up I spent the time  knitting the next beanie instead of using my machine.   


That about wraps up the last few days.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all    

5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Double zoomed...... Lovely to see you on Saturday..... Lucky you have your own group hope you can meet again face to face soon......

Cheryll said...

Nice seeing you too Karen...Zooming is at least a way to keep in touch. A few of us are meeting in a park once a week too. That's nice as well...xox

Janet O. said...

Looks like some lovely beach time.
Oh, I haven't had a blueberry muffin in so long. I need to get baking again.
I was late to Chooky's Zoom, but I caught the last couple of hours. Maybe we will cross paths next time.
What would we do without Zoom?

Maria said...

Love the pic of the Pelicans!
Those muffins look good as does your lunch…..
How nice to have two Zoom catch ups.
I was so annoyed I couldn’t get audio. 😥

kiwikid said...

Nice to see the pelicans, the muffins and the lunch slice look great. Great day for zooms for you, you were very productive.