Saturday, September 4, 2021

New glasses case

My old glasses case was in need of replacing as one of the metal strips had split and a sharp bit was sticking out of the fabric.      I had a piece of teal fabric in the scrap basket which was the perfect size for a new case and teamed with some plain purple fabric they were transformed into this when I joined Cheryll and the others for FNwF.     

When  making the case this time I added the pull tabs to the front and back of the case so that I am not pushing on the metal tabs everytime I open the case - which seems to be hundreds of times everyday. 

Which way do you insert the metal tape - curve side to the inside or outside?

I prefer to place the curved side - plain side - to the inside of the pouch/bag as I feel it is a more secure top and things do not manage to wriggle out but I did make a bag with the metal tape reversed and  discovered that it makes a great container to hold wool while knitting.   It stops the wool from rolling around on the floor and yet it allows it to slip through the top easily.   

And it is the right size to put the knitting needles and wool back into when finished for the day.

During the week an email from Chooky arrived letting me know that she had organised another fun Zoom session for this morning.    Good timing for me as today is my actual birthday and many birthday wishes from the other zoomers were received while I sipped on a glass of bubbles.  


 A start was made on quilting around some of the shapes in the panel while chatting via the screen.


 Another beanie added to the finished pile.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

11 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Lovely to see you on zoom early this morning.....champange and all.... Hope you enjoy the rest of your birthday....

ButterZ said...

Glad you joined in with the bubbly. It was a fun morning. You have lots of time left to party on…HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Janice said...

It was very good of you to join us on your birthday, bubbles and all. The colours on your glasses case are lovely and I like your idea of using a snap top bag for your knitting.

Maria said...

Hope you had a Happy Birthday and it was nice to catch up even for awhile...
I've never made a pouch using the tape measure . looks good.

Janet O. said...

Love the beautiful fabric in your eyeglass case! I've never tried making one of those.
Obviously I missed the part about it being your birthday, since I came on so late. Hope you had a lovely day. It was good to see you again.

Fiona said...

Very pretty glasses case and happy birthday...
Hugz

Cheryll said...

Sorry I missed zoom and wishing you a great day too... HaPPy BiRTHDaY...albeit a day late.
Great glasses case at FNwF too. Glad you dropped by...xox

Ondrea said...

Great idea putting a tab on the glasses case and I love the colour combo. Clever you with the knitting idea too. Another lovely warm beanie.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy birthday, Karen!! You made yourself a pretty eyeglass case. Glad you had some fun with your (virtual) quilting friends!

jude's page said...

Lovely glasses case, and happy birthday to you, sorry to miss the zoom, life's been full on lately

Deb A said...

What a great case and love the holder for the yarn. Happy Belated Birthday!