Friday, September 2, 2022

Get on Board with Sewing Blog hop

Is the theme for the blog hop being organised by Melva and Brenda.  Your “something” could have a tropical or surf feel.  It can be clothing, a quilt, a bag, a toy, or whatever you choose! it might include some tropical themed fabric or novelty print… or not. 

A few years ago I made a beach bag

And of course had some of the fabric left over.   As we all know quilters do not part with any fabric no matter how small the piece.   

With this smallish piece of left over surf feel fabric and with the addition of some biege fabric which represents sand, blue fabric to represent water and some red to match in with the lighthouses here is my surf feel tabletopper.


Thank you girls for organising such a fun blog hop during National Sewing Month.   Now it is time to head on over to the following blogs for some more  "Get on Board with Sewing". 

Grace and Peace Quilting                                                                                        

Ms P Designs USA                                                                                           

Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever


Back soon and in the meantime                                                                                                                   

Happy sewing all

25 comments:

Cheryll said...

It's lovely Karen... & it's just in time for our upcoming SuMMeR...
Well done...xox

kiwikid said...

Lovely bag and table topper Karen.

Janice said...

Very cute and a great way to use those scraps.

ButterZ said...

Karen, that is a cute lighthouse fabric. I’m so glad you could use it up.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such a darling beach bag and love your tablerunner- a great way to use your scraps. Happy quilting.

Linda said...

I love both the bag and the runner! Yes we quilters do hoard, err I mean repurpose our scraps, right?

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Sweet that you had some leftover fabric to make a table center!!!

Sharon said...

Lovely projects! Thanks for sharing

Melva said...

That is a cute little table topper. A great example of what you can do with just a few scraps. <3 Thanks for sharing and participating in the hop. Blessings, Melva

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

That table topper is just the cutest and so is your beach bag! I love lighthouses and that fabric is perfect for this project. Thanks for sharing and for joining us in the blog hop. Have a wonderful weekend!

Kathleen said...

Wonderful table topper! I love having quilted things on my tables to show off my work and protect the tables!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

What a fun way to use up your fabric remnants! I hope the table topper brings you joy when you use it.

Karrin Hurd said...

Great use of fabric remnants! It is a lovely topper!

Lori Smanski said...

this is lovely. thanks for sharing and inspiring

Quilting Gail said...

Love the use of your "left-overs!" You've now got a really cute table topper!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It looks great Karen. Love those lighthouses

Nancy said...

I love your beach bag! It seems like the perfect size to tote everything. And your little quilt looks wonderful. I like that so many lighthouses are included in it.

Fiona said...

lovely make with the leftover fabrics... the bag looks so useful

Hugz

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Such cute lighthouse fabric! A perfect bag for the beach!

lynn said...

I love those beachy feeling bags of all sizes and shapes, Today the surf is truly up here as I sit at my machine. Whitecaps and winds off the ocean. Oh how I love this place! Thanks Karin for your summertime pieces.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Love both of your projects! You can never have enough bags or table toppers! xx

Denise said...

I love your table topper, I try to find fabrics to represent different aspects in my quilts too.

Nina Marie said...

What a cute set! We live here on the shores of Lake Erie and that is the kind of thing I always needed when my princess was little!

Carol Andrews said...

Lovely table topper And your fun beach bag Karen

Miaismine said...

Such a cute table topper! How I love visiting the beach! There is a great Lighthouse Mystery series I’m reading in which the city library is actually in the lighthouse!