Saturday, September 3, 2022

One of those "0" Birthdays and FNwF

Tomorrow I officially celebrate one of those birthdays that comes around every 10 years however my birthday  kicked off on Wednesday when I opened up a package that arrived in the mail from June.  I was over the moon with what was inside and they have been added to my mini quilt rack which has pride of place on my sewing table so that June and I are always sewing alongside each other even though there is a distance of nearly 800 kms  between us.

On Thursday I was taken out to lunch by a group of friends that I have known for 36 years to a lovely restaurant at Palm Beach called the Dunes


 As well as taking me to lunch they gave me a gorgeous silk scarf.  


Yesterday hubs took me out for lunch to our favourite restaurant on Narrabeen Lakes called Limani Seafood Restaurant.   Birthdays are all about cake and bubbles......right.  



I know that hubs has something planned for tomorrow but in the dark about it so far.    

Tomorrow morning I will celebrated Fathers Day with my parents and next week we are having lunch with Miss M and her parents at a restaurant on Sydney Harbour.     I have also received cards and gift vouchers from family and friends.     All this helps soften the blow of getting older.    

During all this celebrating the only thing managed to get done on FNwF was to make two pom poms and sew up two beanies.


This book has been my bedtime reading during the week


Don't forget to head on over to Cheryll's blog to check out what others achieved for FNwF.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all   

14 comments:

Lin said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you are celebrating in style. xx

Susan said...

Happy Birthday - seems you are celebrating a lot and having a grand time!

Chookyblue...... said...

happy special birthday.......that sure does deserve a celebration and for a long time also......make it last.....

ButterZ said...

Sounds like a wonderful celebration. Happy birthday to you. It’s only another year so keep on keeping on. Enjoy life

jude's page said...

Congratulations on reaching another 0 year, sounds like the celebrations are going on for awhile.

Janice said...

Happy birthday. Isn’t it lovely when celebrations are spread out and you can spend that special time individually with friends and family rather than trying to spend time with everyone at once. Enjoy your treat tomorrow, whatever it is.

Kathy S. said...

Happy birthday! So exciting to reach another ZERO. You look fantastic!

Susie H said...

You have friends that you've known for 36 years and you just celebrated an "0" birthday. I'm so smart that I have figured out that you must be turning 40!!! I'm good, eh? That June was so sweet to make you that mini. Curious as to what the hubs has up his sleeve for you. Will be hard to beat a mini, lunch, and a dinner already. You are one lucky gal! Happy Birthday!

loulee said...

Happy birthday. Sounds like you have plenty of celebrating to do.

Fiona said...

Happy special 0 birthday - seems it is a week of celebrating.... wonderful
Hugz

Flickenstichlerin said...

Happy birthday Karen, best wishes from Germany.

Ondrea said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! So glad you have been celebrating and I love your mini quilts. More snug beanies. May your birthday celebrations keep on going. X

Maria said...

Wishing you a Very Happy "0" birthday. Lovely to have so many gorgeous outing for your special day.
Nice Beanies...

kiwikid said...

Happy special birthday, hope you get to celebrate more!