Saturday, May 20, 2023

FNSI

I mentioned in an earlier post during the week that I was not happy with how my QAYG was progressing.  After much debating with myself it was decided that what had been quilted so far had to come undone and so it has.   Fortunately I had only completed 3 rows but that took more time to do the unpicking than it did to quilt.  

A start was made early yesterday and I worked on it solidly for most of the day to get the rows all sewn together as well as getting it sandwiched and some pinning done.  

The plan is to get the rest pinned over the weekend.   Once that is done it is on with the quilting.    I only have a DSM so it will be rows across/down or crosshatching that will be done.    The quilt has a wool wadding in it so it is quite heavy. 

Don't forget to go over here to see more FNSI happenings.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

9 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Wow, it's a beautiful quilt. I love all of the bright, happy fabrics you've used. Sorry the QAYG didn't work out. I look forward to seeing your finished quilt. Enjoy the weekend :)

kiwikid said...

Well done on tackling the unsewing, never a happy thing to do, it is a beautiful quilt.

Maria said...

Reverse sewing always takes longer than putting it together but well worth your effort.

Janice said...

That’s a pity, but best to get it fixed now, before you go any further.

Fiona said...

I love all the colours you have used.... better to spend that time unpicking and be happy with the result.... happy quilting...
Hugz

Pink Rose said...

Hi Karen what a bummer to have to unpick ,it’s a beautiful project and love the colours that you have used 🌹🤍🌹

Susan said...

Unpicking is the pits...but it will be easier to do the normal way (well in my book)

Love the quilt - so bright & cheery

Sharon Kwilter said...

Yeah, I hate the unquilting process too. It takes so much longer than putting the stitches in, but it is sometimes necessary. That will be a lovely quilt when it's finished.

Ondrea said...

So annoying having to unpick but well worth the effort in the long run. Looks lovely so far.