Friday, September 1, 2023

September OMG and FNwF

First up I did achieve my August OMG which was to finish off the second batch of 50 library bags and compile my "to do list" for the Christmas market.  

My OMG for September is to get at least 3 more items on the list ticked off.

So with that in mind during the week interfacing, metal tape and fabrics were gathered together to make a start on the next item on my to do list.    Over the course of a few days and with the opportunity to make an early start today for FNwF  all 6 of them are now finished off and ready to go into my Christmas market stall box.



While hubs and I were sitting outside enjoying the sunshine and having our lunch we had a visitor.


By this time it was getting a bit too close and up personal for my liking so I grabbed the phone and started to head inside but fortunately it kept going in the opposite direction and ended up dropping over the edge of the balcony and into the garden below.  


This month's book club book is 

Some of the members of the club have already read the book but look forward to re-reading it again.  I am not really an historial book fan so it maybe a bit of a struggle for me....time will tell.  

Time to change my mini quilts that sit on my sewing table from birthday celebrations


To Spring now that it is the 1st of September.


Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

6 comments:

Fiona said...

great little snap purses, I love the little flaps to pull them open.... what a beauty visitor... I don't like to go too close but I love them....
Have a lovely weekend....
Hugz

ButterZ said...

Spring time is wonderful. Lovely visitor. Good luck with your list

kiwikid said...

Great sewing Karen and I hope you can whittle away at your list. Interesting visitor, just passing through I guess.

Janice said...

I’m sure you will achieve your goal without too much trouble. The snappy purses look good. I need to try one using a taper, rather than the purchased snaps. Cute spring mini quilt.

Maria said...

You're doing well with your list ...
Great snappy purses for the market.
I also changed my mini for my Spring one..

Ondrea said...

Love the purses! You are so clever. Hope you enjoy the book. I like historical novels. Nice to know that some wildlife still manages to survive in suburbia.