Thursday, February 21, 2019

Red and yellow and pink and green

The only colours missing from the rainbow song are orange and blue as can be seen in the photo below.


Since my last post I have managed to spend sometime each day in my sewing room this week and completed 6 dresses.  I am pleased with the way the floral scraps that I had have matched in well with the plain fabrics that I was given to work with.    For three of the dresses there was only enough floral fabric to use in the bodice so in those cases the sleeves matched the skirts. 

My next project to work on is my four yellow log cabin blocks - all the strips have now been cut and just need to be sewn up.     I need to get a wriggle on with these as they were nominated as my OMG for February.       

My next batch of dresses will be a straighter dress using stripes and spots.     These have a back opening which is secured with a button and loop.   

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all
      

5 comments:

Ondrea said...

Such a beautiful array of colour. You have been very productive and it looks like your effort was well worth it. They are very pretty.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Karen wow how wonderful you are making these for the little girls,they will be so appreciated,well done my friend xx

Mia said...

Beautiful dresses, Karen! And great colours too. Kisses, my friend.

The Glossychic said...

Wow! you are so good with sewing, the floral design is just chic.
The Glossychic
Wonder Cottage

Fiona said...

That row of dresses on the line looks so lovely...
Hugz