Friday, July 5, 2019

Christmas in July

My quilting group issued the challenge of making some small Christmas decorations/ornaments which will be given  Kris Kringle style at our meeting next week.    Digging into the pile of Christmas scraps I came up with the idea of making some Christmas tree trivets which can be used as table decorations.


I made a couple of these for my own use a few years ago and found them good to put under small bowls of goodies that we tend to put around at Christmas time.    They are a fun a quick project to work on even though I had to re-think how to do paper piecing.    Working backwards does my head in at times.    

I was working on these over the last couple of days and finished them off this afternoon after returning home from enjoying a Christmas in July lunch with my walking companions.     We will have to do an extra long walk to justify eating such a large meal.   We were  however very good as none of us caved in and order the pudding with custard.  



Thanks Cheryll for organising FNwF 

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

6 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

The little trees are so cute

Fiona said...

lovely little trees...
Hugz

Ondrea said...

They look lovely and are a great idea. Do you mean foundation piecing? I have only done it a couple of times and it took a while to master.

Jeanette said...

Love your trees, so cute. Hugs,xx

Maria said...

Such a great idea.. A fun way to use up scraps..
The dinner does look yummy but I would have to have the pud and custard.

Bethan said...

Such cute trees and your dinner looks so yummy! x