Sunday, July 14, 2019

This Week in the Sewing Room

Very little was achieved due to having Miss M stay for a few days.   We did however find time to make a small blanket and pillow for one of her favourite toys and while we were finding suitable fabrics for them she saw this love heart fabric - as she called it - and asked if her new apron could be made from it.


I declared this weekend "a catch up on sewing weekend" and managed to cut out and sew up her new apron.  I used the same pattern that is used to make the childrens' aprons for the hospital stall but enlarged it in a few places.


Next onto a job which I have been procrastinating over doing for a couple of weeks.   Hubs bought a new pair of trousers without trying them on and of course they needed to be altered.     Not only were they too long but they were quite loose around the waist so a complete make over was needed.  Here they are all fixed up and ready to wear.


After that episode it was time to reward myself so out with my pretty pink fabrics to cut and sew four curved log cabin blocks which was my nominated OMG for July.


What were you able to achieve in your sewing room over the weekend?

Linking with So Scrappy
                      Oh Scrap
                       OMG

Back soon and in the meantime


Happy sewing all

9 comments:

Fiona said...

How sweet little Miss M wanted her own special apron and got to choose the fabric. Well done with the pants... quite an undertaking...
Hugz

Maria said...

Great choice of fabric Miss M had for her new apron..
I don't like it when I have to do alterations...jog well done.
Sweet pink block...

Ondrea said...

Cute apron. Miss M no doubt loves it. I think I would have instructed hubby to return those pants lol. Clearly the wrong size. I pieced more of my angel quilt this weekend. Blog post soon.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Karen love Miss M's new apron it looks great,I can see you have been busy,well done my friend xx

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sewing, mending, quilting, AND a visit from Miss M?! Sounds like some good times!!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful fabric choice for the apron! Lovely log cabin blocks, great curved pattern

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Loving the pinks!

Lisa J. said...

Congratulations on meeting your goal and getting other things done as well.

Patty said...

Lovely block. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.