Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Uninvited visitor

On my way out to the clothesline  yesterday I fortunately just happened to look down as I was stepping off the patio and saw a green tree snake basking in the sun at the bottom of the steps.   Needless to say that my foot stopped mid air and I did an about turn into the house.   From behind the safety of the screen door I could see the snake was just as impressed by my presence as I was by its and it slithered off.    I was far enough away from it for me to feel comfortable to grab the camera and take a photo of it making its way up the fence.


Then along the top of the fence before it disappeared onto the other side.


I have not seen it since but that is not to say that it has not returned - I am keeping a watchful eye out  just in case.

I am pleased to say that we had RAIN last night and woke up to see the magic of a spider web made overnight dripping in raindrops.   Very pretty but the photo does not do it justice. 


My mission was to complete 30 liners for the 15 joey/wallaby pouches that were made last week. 
A variety of fabrics was used for the liners - very soft t-shirt fabric, flannette and brushed cotton.    


Here are the pouches and liners together waiting to be delivered tomorrow to the drop off centre.


Now onto the next item on the sewing list.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

6 comments:

Maria said...

Lucky you saw the snake and didn't step on it.
Was surprised to to how it slithers UP and over the fence.
Great job making the pouch liners...

Fiona said...

eeeek… we have both had close encounters with snakes this week..... amazing how it slithered straight up a fence..... I don't like them but they are amazing....
WEll done with all those pouches.... poor little animals...
Hugz

Ondrea said...

Hope the snake stays away when you are gardening. I just started crocheting pouches for rescued wildlife and you have been very productive making all those pouch liners.

Bev C said...

Hello Karen,

Oh my goodness I would have been inside. Amazing how they can move, thankfully away from you. Great job on the pouches. They will be most appreciative of your sewing.

Happy days.
Bev.

Bethan said...

I’m glad the snake was as surprised by you as you were of it. The pouches are amazing. Yay to rain - hopefully more follows x

Marti said...

I don't mind the little harmless snakes, but they do give me a start when I come across them. The joey pouches are so cute and will be so appreciated. My heart breaks for every person and every creature harmed by those fires.